Content

Storyboard Example

There is Café Bar where job seeker DAN came to sit down and
read a couple of job offers that he’s got from a Job Center.
FATHI
Hi, welcome to the Cafe Bar. Would you like to drink coffee?
DAN
No, thank you man. I’m just checking this out really fast. But thanks.
FATHI
Wait a second!
Dan feels confused and a bit harassed by this waiter.
FATHI
I know you from somewhere.
DAN
Yeah you look familiar too, but I just can’t figure it out...
FATHI
Yeah, we’ll get there, I guess...
Today the coffee is for free.
Dan recognizes his old friend Fathi as well.
DAN
Oh, you know what man, I do remember. We went to the same school.
FATHI
Yes! This is great man. What’s your name again?
DAN
Dan and you?
FATHI
Fathi
DAN
I’m really bad with names.
They both laugh. Fathi sits down like he’s is at his own house...
They drink coffee.
FATHI
I’m so glad we ran into each other man. That’s so dope.
DAN
Yeah, I know.
FATHI
So, how have you been? Tell me!
DAN
(Discouraged)
Well, not pretty good lately... I can’t find a job and got no money lately.
FATHI
Wow, that sucks dude. Are you looking for a job?
DAN
Kind of, and these people (shows the papers he is checking out) are just giving me
some bullshit.
FATHI
I remember you were a cool dude.
DAN
Those were good times man, everything was easy. I had all my shit figured out.
They sit for a while in silence and drink coffee. Dan is frustrated. Fathi tries offering
Dan more coffee. Dan lay down his head on the table. He is done drinking coffee for
the day.
GEORGE
(From the next table)
Fathi! Customers! Customers are waiting, chop chop.
DAN (wakes up)
Who the heck is this freaking guy, with his damn cigar is pissing me
off. (to the smoker) Hey dude, can you knock that down a little bit?
George looks at Dan funny.
FATHI
Ahh, that’s the boss man. George.
Ughh…ughh…
DAN
(Coughs)
Oh shit! sorry man, I just... I didn’t know… so sorry boss…
GEORGE
Fathi move it on... You got more customers here. You take too many breaks; all day
long all you wanna do is drink coffee and sit your ass down with customers.
Fathi rolls his eyes on his boss, like he’s done with it. He stands up as Dan keeps
talking about how embarrassed he is with George (The boss). Then he takes off his
chef’s hat and puts it on Dan’s head.
DAN
What? What are doing man?
Fathi in silence walks towards his boss and the boss turns around with a completely
different expression in his face. They both look proud of how Dan looks.
GEORGE
Welcome to your 1st day of work at my café bar! (smiles) Now get the hell up and
start working.
George leaves the conversation and goes away.
FATHI
Hey man, good luck at your new job, (they shake hands), I promise you
I’ll visit you often.
Fathi pays for the coffee. He leaves some money on the table.
Dan is speechless and as Fathi walks away, he starts picking up glasses and puts the
money into his pocket.